Thursday, January 15, 2009

My G1 (for Brady)


Well, if any of you have Facebook, you have probably see my updates about my G1. Its a smart phone from HTC. I have been waiting to get this phone (which is a story in its self) for about a year and well, i am glad that i finally have it. So my review........



Ok, so G1......It is a good phone, not an iPhone killer, but for a first version it is really good.

Bad stuff....
battery - drains fast with the use of the browser or anything involving the GPS
Limited Apps - I just heard that the iphone kit 100k aps, seems to have only a few hundred at max.
No head phone jack! - you have to get a converter for a USB 2.0 connection.
Price - unless you are signing up for a new plan, the cost of the phone straight up is around $370

Good Stuff
So easy to use - the interface is so clean and so fun to use
Speed - browser has great speed.
Open Source - anybody can make ANYTHING for this phone. The possibilities for the applications is endless.
Feel - it is just a cool phone. Really, the feel and weight let you know this is a cool phone.

Ok, that last one may have been a little bias but really, its a good phone. I would recommend it, but for someone that doesn't already have a smart phone or wants to upgrade. If you already have a smart phone you like, hold out till the next version.

No comments: