Thursday, January 22, 2009

Friends you should listen to......

Hello Everyone,

This is a fun one! I am showing off some of my friends that you NEED to listen to. They are beyond cool and i love talking music to any of these talented folk when ever i have the chance. All of their names are attached to links, so please click on a link, support an Independent artist. In no particular order here we go........

Michael Ocean
This guy is awesome. he is a true lover of music, all types, and puts anything which i consider to be music knowledge to shame. He is also in a Weezer video. (yes i am jealous) His album, The Manuel, is great. For sure, check it out.

Happiest Lion
Caleb, the man behind the music, is so creative. I wish i could be as into music as he is, just a plain out great musician.


Nate Highfeild and The Good Cheer
I have been following these guys since i was in high school. Nate and Aaron, are great guys and have made (along with the band) a great album. They are great to watch, Aaron (the drummer) is the most intense guy I have seen on stage. If he is playing for a few people or a packed room, he puts everything into that drum.


Brandon Louis Jones
Classical guitarist who makes me want to give up on anything guitar and just stick to listening to it being played much better than i could ever do. He has 2 albums out and i suggest that you buy both. His style is so smooth and well, i love any chance i get to hear him play.

Jonathan D. Roth
Another classical guitarist extraordinaire. He has written more than a few pieces of music that are complex yet, very welcoming to the ears. He too has a few albums out which you too should buy.

Long Beach Caravan Trio
Gypsy Jazz is a little nitch in jazz that is very overlooked by the main populous but is admired many musicians. These guys are good and i are just great guys to hang around. I saw them play at a restaurant in Long Beach and was so impressed by their style and talent. Please check out their site and give a listen if you have never heard gypsy jazz.

The Monochromes
These guys are just too much fun to listen to. I have known a few of the band members, Josh and Jordan, for a long time and well, it was very easy to for me to add them to my list. Josh is a great guitarist (far better than I) and I love to catch their shows.

Swing the Lead
While i don't know this band, i do know one of the guys - stephen - in the band, and well, he is cool so i just had to add him to this list.


Well have fun checking out the talent. New blogs will be coming.

In Christ,
Allan

1 comment:

PeasOnMoss said...

Oh, P-dine connection. Where do I buy these? What are their websites? essential info for the landlocked folks. :)

So, my fingers have completely forgotten how to play the guitar - my bro let me borrow his over Christmas break, and I proceeded to look at it blankly. At least I had the correct anatomical position

Miss you Allan and your beautiful spontaneity. There was a boy playing his guitar in the student lounge by the library today...made me miss you playing at the fountain with your itty bitty ukulele.